Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Sunshine and Food!



We had a nice day in the sun, though it was a little chilly. I promised some pictures from Death Valley. Because of the dust storms, I didn't take many, and we left earlier than we planned. I have included a couple of pictures of the sunrise and sunset on Monday from the campground. It is a starkly beautiful place at almost 300 feet below sea level.

On Tuesday I stepped into the Visitor's Center and asked a ranger how hard the wind was blowing. He grinned, said, "Just a minute. I'll step out back and spit." The gal next to him said she new it was bad because she'd had a couple of reallly cranky people at the counter. I told her I had just said to Dad that the wind was making us edgy! Then the ranger said...."I've got to make an announcement." He got on the microphone and told everyone he knew it was windy. He said he didn't mind because he lived there. He was sorry we had to pay to experience it. He said he would try really hard not to let it make him cranky.

No comments: